The Women’s Tour 2022
Volunteering and community ride out at stage 1 of the Women’s Tour in Bury St Edmunds
The Women’s Tour is returning to Bury St Edmunds on Monday 6 June
Britain’s biggest and longest running international women’s cycling stage race, will return to Bury St Edmunds this summer on 6 June, and with it brings a host of opportunities to volunteer and be involved.
Alongside the official Women’s Tour there will be a range of community activities within an ‘Event Village’ in the Abbey Gardens and utilising the finishing straight and event stage, all intended to build the overall experience of the event.
Hosting of the Women’s Tour and the organisation of the community activities requires the engagement of approximately 50 local volunteers in various roles including:-
Stewarding & Marshalling
Community Ride Marshals
There’s also a community ride with local groups and individuals taking part.
Volunteering – important information
If you would like to volunteer for this prestigious event – please read the FAQs below and complete the registration form. You will then receive an email from us and we will be in touch to confirm your involvement.
What do we need from you?
- Bags of energy and enthusiasm
- To be reliable and punctual
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Great communication skills – as part of the volunteering team and in support of the event spectators to help and guide them to get the most from the day
- You need to be practical and be willing to get involved where needed including able to assess situations for potential problems / issues in a cool and calm manner to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved with this event
- You will need to be physically fit and able to work outside for the length of time that you have volunteered for
- Happy and able to use a radio if assigned a role requiring this
How much time is required?
- The role requires your help for the day on Monday 6 June 2022 between 09:00-16:00
- But any amount of time that you can spare would be fantastic – even if you can only do an hours slot.
- We will hold an online briefing in the week before the event on Wednesday 1 June 2022 at 18:00 to ensure that everyone is clear about their roles and responsibilities and the part they play in the team.
Will I need my own transport?
You will need to make own way to the venue, but there is free parking available in Ram Meadow car park for volunteers. Although we would encourage you to walk or especially cycle to the event and we have cycle parking adjacent to the Event Village in Abbey Gardens.
What are the benefits to me?
- Meeting and working with new people
- Having fun supporting a major event in your town
- Gaining an insight into how an event like this works
- Making a difference to the quality of the event for those participating in the Community Ride, attending the Event Village or just generally attending in a spectator capacity
We very much welcome young volunteers and value their contribution and support. We will locate young people in areas where there is a senior member of the team and / or pair young people under 18 years old.
Please contact us if you would like any further information:
M. 07767 390516
M. 07950 891299