Free NHS Health Checks
offered by Abbeycroft Leisure
A free NHS Health Check is a check-up of your overall health and can tell you if you are at risk of certain health problems.
NHS health checks are now available at the following Abbeycroft centres:-
- Bury St Edmunds Leisure Centre
- Haverhill Leisure Centre
- Kingfisher Leisure Centre
- Mildenhall Hub
- Newmarket Leisure Centre
Am I eligible for an NHS Health Check?
You are eligible to book an NHS Health Check if you:
- Are aged 40-74
- Have not have received an NHS Health Check within the previous 5 years
- Are registered with a Suffolk GP
And do not have any of the following pre-existing conditions:
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD (Classified as stage 4, 5, or 5 within NIC CG182))
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Transient Ischaemic Attack
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia
- Heart Failure
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
Jamie Farlie from Haverhill was one of the first customers to have his health check at Haverhill Leisure Centre.
What happens at your NHS Health Check?
- The health check will take approximately 20-30 minutes and the practitioner will:-
- Take some personal details i.e date of birth
- Take your pulse and blood pressure
- Measure your height, weight and waist
- Take a finger print blood sample to analyse your cholesterol
- Ask some questions about your lifestyle
- Show you your results and suggest changes that could be made to improve them if necessary
Do I need to prepare for my NHS Health Check?
No you don’t need to do anything before coming for your health check. The check is non-invasive and you do not need to fast beforehand. We have a friendly and professional team of practitioners who will put you at ease throughout the check.
Book your free NHS health check
Follow the links below to the relevant leisure centre you would like to book at.
If you have any problems using the booking system – please email us and we will contact you to help you book. Email email@example.com.
Additional resources to help you become MORE ACTIVE
Free pass – terms & conditions of use:
- 1 free pass per person redeemed in a 12 month period
- Pre-booking essential for gym, class or court hire which cannot be made more than 7 days in advance
- A pre-booked orientation appointment with a member of the team will be required at the start of your free pass gym session for your own safety
- Normal centre rules apply and you will be required to agree to our health commitment statement in
order to use – see here for details
- Management reserve the right to refuse entry or withdraw the offer at any time without notice
- Some activities may incur a member fee
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
You might also be interested in
Active Living is our accredited ‘exercise on referral’ programme, for people living with long term health conditions.
An antenatal care programme, developed by midwives and health professional, to support women to make healthy choices in their pregnancy.