Membership Terms and Conditions
This agreement is made between Abbeycroft Leisure and you (The Applicant). You should read these terms and conditions carefully before confirming your acceptance by ticking the agreement box.
- The terms and conditions set out below, together with the provisions set out in the membership application process (the “Terms”) apply to the membership contract between Abbeycroft Leisure (company registration number 5207019) (“we”, “our” or “us”) and the member named on the Membership Application (“you” or “your”), with effect from the date that appears on the Membership Application (“start date”).
- By completing the Membership Application you are agreeing to become a Member of Abbeycroft Leisure and be bound by the Terms.
- As a member you agree at all times to follow our rules on etiquette and conditions of use (“rules”), which relate to your use of our leisure centre(s). The current version of our Rules is displayed at our facilities and on our website www.acleisure.com.
- We shall be entitled at all times and from time to time to make minor alterations, carry out remedial repairs or maintenance without prior notice to any of our leisure centres. We shall endeavour to minimise any disruption to your enjoyment of our facilities caused by such alteration, repair or maintenance.
- You shall be entitled to use all services and facilities included within your membership package subject always to availability and capacity rules.
- You must register your attendance using your membership card at an access control point or with a receptionist or gym staff.
- In the event that you lose your membership card, we shall charge you a small administration fee for a replacement.
- We may sometimes need to change opening hours or facilities available. If we need to do this we will, where reasonably possible, display notices in our facilities notifying you of the change at least 2 weeks beforehand. If we make a significant change to the opening hours or facilities available, you can cancel your agreement in accordance with clause 26. In addition we will refund you for any part of your membership fee for the period since the change was in force.
- Our facilities will operate reduced opening hours during Bank Holidays and the Christmas period.
- We politely ask gym members to cease use of facilities 15 minutes prior to closing if showering or changing.
- Other than the Teen Fitness membership, the minimum age of membership is 16.
- In order to set up a Direct Debit two original forms of ID must be seen by us so that we can confirm your name and bank account details.
- Any notice you give us under these Terms must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can notify us by post to Haverhill Leisure Centre, Ehringshausen Way, Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9 9ER. You must notify your bank or building society (if applicable).
- A fee (the “membership”) is payable in respect of your use of our leisure centre(s). The amount of your Membership Fee will be set out in the Membership Application.
- You will pay your membership fees in accordance with the payment option and the minimum commitment period (“minimum commitment period”) specified on the Membership Application Form.
- If your monthly payment is cancelled or becomes overdue, we may refuse entry to our facilities and/or we may at our discretion apply an administration fee of £6.
- Unless agreed otherwise you are required to pay a non-refundable registration fee on joining and on re-entering into a new membership agreement with us the amount of which will be specified on the Membership Application.
- Unless cancelled in accordance with these Terms:
Where you pay our Membership Fee in one single upfront payment, your membership shall come to an end upon expiry of the Minimum Contract Period, unless you select to renew and enter into a new membership agreement with us; or
Where you pay your Membership Fee by way of monthly direct debits, your membership shall automatically renew on a month by month basis upon expiry of the Minimum Contract Period until cancelled by you in accordance with clause 26.
- We reserve the right to increase the Membership Fee from time to time and we will give you 30 days written notice before doing so. In the event that the increase is to take effect before the expiry of your Minimum Commitment Period, you shall be entitled to cancel your membership (in accordance with clause 26) provided you notify us within 30 days from the date of the increase in the Membership Fee.
- Discount levels are discretionary and may vary from time to time.
- Memberships are non-transferable. You must not allow anyone else to use your card or Membership number. Cards being used by any other person other than the authorised member will result in the membership being cancelled without refund.
Medical Screening & Induction
- All members must sign a HCS (Health Commitment Statement) and members wishing to use the gym must complete an induction.
- You shall be responsible for monitoring your own physical condition throughout your membership period and in agreeing to these Terms you confirm that you are aware of and understand the potential risks associated with physical exercise.
- You confirm that the responses to the health and fitness questionnaires are accurate in all material respects and you agree to immediately notify us of any changes in your physical condition which render your replies to the Health and Fitness Questionnaires incorrect in any respect.
- If deemed necessary by us, you will obtain at your own expense written confirmation from your General Practitioner that you are in good health and capable of participating in physical exercise. We reserve the right to refuse membership and/or access to certain classes if we have not received such confirmation and we reasonably believe that you are not fit to participate in physical exercise.
Cancellation and Suspension of Membership
- You may cancel your membership by giving us at least one calendar months’ notice to be received no later than the 7th day of the preceding month provided always that you shall not be permitted to cancel your membership prior to the expiry of the Minimum Commitment Period (except as specified in clauses 8 and 19). Please note that if notice is received after the 7th day of the month, another direct debit will be taken for the subsequent month.
- We may, at our sole discretion, choose to accept the cancellation or suspension of your membership prior to the expiry of the Minimum Commitment Period if we are satisfied that events beyond your reasonable control have resulted in your use of the leisure facilities becoming impossible. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence of such an event and the period of any suspension shall be at our discretion and for a maximum of a 3 month period.
- If you cancel your membership prior to the expiry of the Minimum Commitment Period (other than as permitted in clauses 8, 19 and 27), you shall be liable to pay the Membership Fees which would otherwise be payable by you in respect of the remainder of your Minimum Commitment Period.
- If your membership is cancelled by us due to non-payment of Membership Fees, we may choose (at our sole discretion) to reinstate your membership subject to the payment by you of all account arrears in full. You shall not be entitled to use our facilities or classes until such a time as the Membership Fees are paid in full.
- For such period as your Membership is suspended in accordance with clause 27, a monthly charge of £5 shall be payable by you to us in lieu of the applicable Membership Fee.
- We reserve the right to terminate your membership if;
You cancel your direct debit or otherwise fail to make payment within 30 days of the date upon which it falls due;
You commit a serious or repeated breach of this Agreement or the Rules and the breach, if capable of remedy, is not remedied within 7 days of receipt of a default notice; or You harass, threaten or abuse our staff or members, maliciously damage our property; or should you commit any illegal act whilst on our premises.
- Should we cancel your membership under clause 31, you will not be entitled to a refund of any Membership Fees which would otherwise be payable by you in respect of the remainder of your Minimum Commitment Period.
- Subject to these Terms, you may amend your membership by giving us notice. Such notice to be received by us no later than the 7th of the preceding month.
- Should you be eligible to alter your membership category, you shall be automatically bound by the terms and conditions of that membership.
Class Booking Terms and Conditions
- All group exercise classes can be booked by members 7 days in advance. Booking is based on a “first come, first served” basis as they are subject to availability.
- We recommend that you book all group exercise courses through our website (www.acleisure.com) or call the appropriate facility to guarantee your place in the class. Members who choose not to book in advance do so at their own risk.
- If you have not booked in advance, it may still be possible for you to attend but you must register with reception to attend a particular class.
- If the class you are booking has a fee; this can be paid at the facility reception or via our website (www.acleisure.com).
- These Terms apply to all online booking of classes and to the provision of the classes themselves.
- On occasion it may be necessary for a class to be cancelled or for the class type, instructor or location to be changed. We reserve the right to do this at any time. Where possible advance notice to those members who have booked the affected class will be given, however this may not always be possible.
- If attendance numbers within a class fall below 50% we reserve the right to cancel or replace the class.
- No refund or compensation shall be payable by us to you in respect of a class you have booked that has subsequently been cancelled or amended in accordance with clause 40 and 41.
- If you are unable to attend a class you must cancel before 2pm on the day of the class.
- You will lose your advance booking rights for a period of 7 days if on 2 or more consecutive occasions within a 30 day period you:
Fail to attend a class you have booked; or
You fail to register your attendance using your membership card at an access control point or with a receptionist or gym staff; or
Do not cancel a class before 2pm on the day of the class.
- We will compensate you for any loss or damage you may suffer if we fail to carry out our obligations under this agreement or to a reasonable standard or breach any duties imposed in us by law (including if we cause the death or personal injury to you by our negligence) unless that failure is attributable to:
Your own fault;
A third party unconnected with our provision or services under this Agreement; or
Events which neither we nor our suppliers could have foreseen or forestalled even if we had taken all reasonable care.
- Our liability to compensate you for any loss or damage (in the case of loss or damage other than death or personal injury) is limited to a reasonable amount having regard to such factors as whether the damage was due to a negligent act or omission by us.
- If you engage in classes or make use of our facilities you are responsible for ensuring that you are properly equipped and that your state of health and physical condition is such as not to involve any risk to you or any other person making use of our leisure centre(s).
- If you use any piece of equipment supplied by us, you must be competent in its use or have received instruction by a member of our staff as to its safe use.