Swim Academy at Hadleigh
Our BRAND new 25m swimming pool at Hadleigh Pool and Leisure
is ready for you to jump right when we can reopen from 12 April*
Time to get back to lessons.
If you were a Swim Academy member before the pool closure, you will be given priority to secure your place, and we have emailed you. Not recieved our email? Please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re new to our programme, complete a registration form below and we’ll be in touch.
Remember all children enrolled into Swim Academy will get free casual swimming – that’s the holidays sorted!
*The date is provisional from the Government – pending certain national criteria being achieved.
Learn to swim
Swimming is a great way to be active, lots of fun and an essential life skill that we believe all children should have. To allow for continuous progression and development we run our lessons 50 weeks of the year with 2 weeks Christmas break.
Your child’s progress is monitored and assessed at regular stages throughout the year to ensure they reach their potential. Home portal allows you to view their progress at any time. Lessons are weekly and 25 minutes of active teaching with a 5 minutes administration and change over time
We offer a free child assessment before starting Swim Academy, for children who can swim independently, to ensure they start their aquatic journey in the correct stage of the swim scheme.
Payable monthly by Direct Debit £26 per month
121 and 221 lessons are available on request
It’s never too late to learn to swim or improve your skills, fitness and confidence.
We offer lessons for adults regardless of your experience, ability or fitness level.
Our Teachers will support you safely to grasp the basics or improve on what skill you have. Our group lessons allow for social interaction and peer support and motivate.
Together we can achieve more. Alternatively, available as a 121 lesson.
*Please note – adult lessons will resume from 17 May, in line with Government roadmap, but you can register your interest below, and we’ll be in touch.
We follow the Swim England Learn To Swim pathway supported by the award
scheme to congratulate and motivate children through their achievement.
Our experienced and qualified Teachers will ensure your child is taught in a safe
and secure environment to allow their skills to develop.
Benefits of Swim Academy
It’s a life-skill
Free swimming for all children in Swim Academy
Small groups for lessons
Pay by direct debit – no contract with 1 month notice to cancel
No re-enrolment required
Weekly physical activity for your child
Track your child’s progress at any time in the online swim academy portal
Covid Secure – Your safety is our top priority
We’ve worked hard to try and keep the swimming lesson programme the same, however, in order to keep everyone safe, we have had to make some changes
in line with the guidance from Swim England and our own operating procedures.
- Only one adult should accompany a child under 8 years to the swimming lesson. We ask that you don’t spectate if your child is aged over 8, to limit the number of customers in the centre.
- Spectators will need to wear a face mask in the centre.
- Swimmers should come to the pool ‘beach ready’ with swimwear worn under clothing.
- Teachers will not be able to help with hats and goggles so please ensure your child has these items on ready to start the lesson.
- Follow the centre’s one-way system. There will be directional arrows on the floor to guide you around the centre.
- Arrive through the spectator area onto poolside no earlier than 5 minutes prior to your class starting.
- There will be no access to the changing rooms prior to the lesson.
- Showers will not be available, so swimmers will need to shower at home, please.
- All swimming teachers will deliver their lessons from the poolside. Additional buoyancy aids will be used to ensure your child’s safety.
Book ‘family swimming’ at any of our centres
Book sessions at Newmarket, Sudbury & Haverhill
Exhilarating fun in Haverhill
Great value memberships