- 1 medium-sized whole chicken
- 500g new potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 250g tender stem broccoli
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the backbone out of the chicken so it can lay flat on the surface breast side up (this method is called butterflying).
- In a large baking tray, oil and season the chicken with a pinch of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Cook the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the new potatoes 3⁄4 of the way down so they open up with 1mm between each slice, season well and drizzle with oil.
- Add the potatoes to the chicken tray and return to the oven on a reduced heat of 180°c/350°F/gas 4, cooking for a further 20 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the chicken tray and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the tender stem broccoli in boiling water with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked broccoli to the chicken tray and serve.
- (Please note cooking times on the chicken will vary depending on the size).
19g carbs | 14g fat | 28g protein