- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 2 red onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 can coconut milk
- 250g plain yoghurt
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1⁄2 vegetable stock cube
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into even-sized cubes.
- Roughly chop the green pepper, peel and slice the red onion. Also, peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Gently heat the onion and garlic to soften with the curry powder on a medium heat with 1 tsp oil, without colouring.
- Add the tomato puree to the pan and stir, followed by the green pepper and sweet potato with a pinch of salt and pepper, continuously stirring as the vegetables cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan and refill the tin with cold water, adding this to the pan with the stock cube. Stir together well before turning the heat to low and allowing to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the self-raising flour and plain yoghurt in a bowl with 1⁄2 tsp of salt. The mixture should be firm like a dough, add more flour if needed to create this texture.
- Quarter the dough, roll out each piece on a flour-dusted surface until 1⁄2 cm thick. Flour your rolling pin as well to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Heat a pan on a high heat with 1⁄2 tsp oil. Add the flatbreads to the pan, turning once they have bubbled and have coloured evenly.
96g carbs | 8.5g fat | 14g protein