- 4 English muffins
- 3 ripe avocados
- 8 eggs
- 250g back bacon
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon
- Grill the bacon on high heat until crispy on both sides. Once cooked, leave to one side.
- Boil 2 litres of water in a large saucepan with the white wine vinegar.
- Halve the avocados, removing the stone and spooning the flesh into a bowl. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the avocado with a pinch of salt and pepper, mash together.
- Crack the eggs into the boiling water and cook on
high heat for 2 minutes, longer if you prefer hard-boiled. You can do this in two rounds if you only have a small saucepan.
- Meanwhile, slice the muffins in half and lightly toast.
- Remove the eggs from the water with a large spoon onto a plate with a paper towel to absorb some moisture.
- Build the muffins with the avocado mixture, salad leaves and bacon.
- Top each half of the muffins with a poached egg and season with salt and pepper.
36g carbs | 26 fat | 25g protein