- 500g Arborio rice
- 500g frozen peas
- 1 medium-sized broccoli
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 100g Parmesan cheese or soft cheese if you prefer
- 1 medium-sized white onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic, soften with 1 tsp oil in a pan on a medium heat, adding 1 tsp salt.
- Reduce the pan heat to low and add the dry Arborio rice and stir. Continue to stir the rice, onion and garlic to stop it from sticking to the pan.
- Measure out 2 litres of boiled water in a heat-proof jug and stir in the stock cube until dissolved.
- Pour and stir in 1⁄4 of the stock water into the pan and cook until the rice has soaked the liquid up. Repeat this process again with another 1⁄4 of the liquid.
- Meanwhile, chop the broccoli into florets and add to the rice with the frozen peas.
- Fold the vegetables into the rice and continue to add the stock until the rice is cooked to the desired texture.
- Fold through the Parmesan or soft cheese and season to taste before serving.
- A squeeze of lemon to serve
52g carbs | 32g fat | 11g protein