- 4 large chicken thighs
- 100g bacon
- 500g white potatoes
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1 medium-sized broccoli
- 250g frozen peas
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/350°F/gas 4.
Firstly season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then fry until golden brown in a large frying pan with 1tsp of oil. Once the chicken is evenly coloured, place on a separate plate to cool until required later.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and add to the same pan used for the chicken thighs, frying with 1 tsp oil until crispy.
- Peel the onions and garlic and finely chop before adding to the pan, reducing the heat to low to soften, being careful not to colour. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the new potatoes and add to the pan, stirring gently for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a baking tray if the pan is not oven-proof.
- Take the chicken thighs and place on top of the potatoes and bake in the oven for 25 minutes
- Chop up the broccoli and cook in boiling water with a pinch of salt 5 minutes before the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken and potatoes from the oven and stir in the broccoli and frozen peas.
- Finish with the zest and juice of the lemon and freshly chopped parsley.
49g carbs | 21g fat | 34g protein