- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 150g streaky bacon
- 4 sheets of filo pastry
- 250g button mushrooms
- 250g carrots
- 500g new potatoes
- 1 medium-sized white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/350°F/gas 4.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces. Peel and slice the onion, garlic, carrots and mushrooms.
- Fry the bacon in a pan on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms with 1 tsp oil and cook until golden.
- Add the chicken thighs to the pan with the onion, garlic and carrots and stir well. Reduce the heat and cook until the onion and garlic soften.
- Add the chicken stock, butter and 1 litre of boiling water to the pan. Allow to simmer until the liquid is reduced by 1⁄2 in around 8-10 minutes. Transfer to an oven-proof dish if required.
- Scrunch each sheet of filo pastry and create a lid with the rough layers, drizzling with oil once fully covered.
- Bake the pie in the oven for 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
Meanwhile, boil the new potatoes in salted water until soft throughout.
- Drain the potatoes and serve with the pie.
45g carbs | 22g fat | 25g protein