- 250g beef mince
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 75g butter
- 75g plain flour
- 750ml milk
- 2 cans tinned tomotoes
- 250g lasagne sheets
- Salad to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (180 degrees fan)
- To prepare the vegetables, chop the onion finely, and grate the carrots, crush or chop the garlic into small pieces.
- Brown the mince in a saucepan with a tablespoon of
oil on a medium heat for around 5 minutes or until the meat is completely brown, set aside in a bowl.
- Return the pan to a low heat and add the onion and carrot to the saucepan with a tablespoon of oil, gently cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Once soft, add the garlic to the pan and cook for a further two minutes. Then, add the meat and tomatoes and mix everything together, turn the heat down and simmer gently whilst you prepare the white sauce.
- Whilst this is simmering, melt the butter in a separate pan, add the flour and stir to mix well, once the mixture makes a thick paste, start to pour the milk in, 100ml at a time, whisking as you go to create a smooth white sauce.
- Once all the milk is added, season with salt and pepper, then simmer for around 10 minutes on a low heat.
- To assemble, place a quarter of the tomato sauce into a medium baking dish, top with a layer of lasagne sheets, spoon another quarter of the tomato sauce and top with a third of the white sauce.
- Repeat this twice, with a final layer of lasagne sheets and white sauce over the top to finish.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve hot with salad on the side
78g carbs | 25g fat | 25g protein