- 500g pork belly
- 500g new potatoes
- 1⁄2 red cabbage
- 2 medium-sized carrots
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves
- Preheat the oven to 90°C/195°F/Gas mark 1.
- Season the pork belly on both sides with 1 tsp salt. Score the pork skin with a sharp knife if this is not already done.
- Place the pork on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, grate the carrot and finely chop the red cabbage and add to a bowl with the mayonnaise. Mix well and place in the fridge until required.
- Once the pork has been slowly roasted, rest on the side.
- Slice the new potatoes 3⁄4 way down so they open up with 1mm between each slice, season well and drizzle oil over them in a baking tray.
- Turn the oven heat up to 200°c/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes and roast the pork belly at the same time so the crackling can crisp.
- Once cooked, allow the pork belly to cool for 5-10 minutes before carving. Serve with potatoes and coleslaw.
63g carbs | 19 fat | 37g protein