- 600g white potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 100g parmesan cheese
- 150g spring greens
- 350g frozen peas
- 30g butter
- 1 lemon
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/350°F/gas 4.
- Prick and bake the potatoes for 30 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- Allow the potatoes to cool and then scoop the soft potato from the skin into a bowl and mash well, adding the eggs and flour, as well a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour onto a surface and roll out the potato dough into a long sausage shape, about 2.5cm thick. Cut the rolled dough into 2.5cm pieces, pinching each one in the middle.
- Cook the potato dough (gnocchi) in boiled water with a pinch of salt until they start to float to the top of the pan.
- Add the butter to a separate pan on a medium heat with a couple of spoonfuls of the gnocchi water, followed by the gnocchi once this is cooked. Stir well, adding the lemon juice and peas.
- Slice the spring greens finely and add these to the pan, cooking for a further 2-3 minutes, adding grated parmesan to make a glossy sauce with the gnocchi water, butter and lemon juice
- Check for further seasoning before pouring out to serve, tearing the mozzarella over the top in small pieces.
57g carbs | 17g fat | 41g protein