- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 can of chickpeas
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 courgette
- 1 veg stock cube
- Seasoning – paprika, cumin, salt and black pepper
- 320g cous cous
- Prepare the vegetables by finely chopping the onion, crushing or finely chopping the garlic, and cutting the courgette into small pieces (around 2cm).
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until they start to brown, around 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, courgette and spices, stirring often to ensure they do not burn. After two minutes, add the chopped tomatoes and chickpeas and lower the heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until the courgettes are soft but not mushy.
- Whilst the stew is cooking, mix 400ml of boiling water and the stock cube in a jug and then add to the couscous.
- Cover and leave until the stew is finished, fluff with a fork before serving.
58g carbs | 2g fat | 11g protein