- 225g chocolate (50-60% cocoa)
- 200g water
- 100g cherries
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl.
- Pour the water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Pour the boiled water over the chocolate and whisk until melted.
- Place the bowl containing the chocolate on top of a large container with ice and water. Whisk the chocolate mixture continuously until it thickens and the whisk leaves a trail mark.
- Pour the chocolate into a tub and leave to set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, add the sugar and golden syrup to a saucepan and heat to a light caramel.
- Remove the caramel from the heat and thoroughly whisk in the bicarbonate of soda. As the caramel begins to rise, carefully pour the mixture into
a tray that is lined with greaseproof paper and allow to cool and form into honeycomb.
- Once the chocolate mouse is set, scoop out the portions using a hot, wet spoon. Serve with broken honeycomb and cherries.
37g carbs | 23g fat | 15g protein