- 400g drained cannellini beans
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 2 medium white onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 leeks
- 1/2 bunch of thyme
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1 ball of mozzarella (optional)
- 50ml olive oil
- 500ml water
- 250g self raising flour
- 250g Greek yogurt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°. Oil and season the leaks with salt and place on a tray in the oven. Cook for 25 minutes until the outside is golden brown.
- Finely slice the onion and garlic and add to a pre-heated pan with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Gently sweat down on a low heat for five minutes, until onions are soft.
- Peel and finely dice the carrots and tomatoes and add to the pan. Stir well and cook for a further five minutes.
- Finely chop the thyme and add to the pan with the drained cannellini beans. Add the water and stir well. Cook for a further 10 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
- At this stage make and cook the flatbreads. Mix the self raising flour and plain yoghurt in a bowl with half a teaspoon of salt. The mixture should be firm like a dough, add more flour if needed to create this texture.
- Quarter the dough, roll out each piece on a flour-dusted surface until 1/2 cm thick. Flour your rolling pin to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Place a frying pan on a high heat with half teaspoon of oil. Add the flatbreads to the pan turning once they have bubbled and coloured evenly.
- Zest the lemon and finely chop the parsley. Fold this through the bean stew and finish with the juice of the lemon, checking seasoning and adding salt if required.
- Remove the leeks from the oven and peel off outer layers, chopping each one into four chunks. Place the leaks on top of the bean stew and tear pieces of mozzarella over as well to finish. Serve with flatbreads.
77g carbs | 25g fat | 25g protein