- 400g penne pasta
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large broccoli
- 240g sliced mushrooms
- 200g creme fraiche
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 80g grated cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil with a pinch of salt. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until tender (10-12 minutes).
- While the pasta cooks, cut the broccoli into small pieces. When the pasta has 4 minutes to go, add the broccoli to the saucepan and cook together for the remaining time.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms and chop or crush the garlic.
- Add a splash of oil to a large frying pan and place on a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and fry until golden – around 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- When cooked, drain the pasta and leave to one side.
- Reduce the heat on the mushrooms to low, then add creme fraiche and veg stock. Also add 100 ml of water and bring to the boil, stirring to mix everything together.
- Once simmering, add the cheese.
- Add the pasta and broccoli to the sauce and combine over a low heat.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of cheese.
38g carbs | 14g fat | 14g protein