- 500g sprouts
- 300ml double cream
- 50g walnuts
- 200g bacon
- 100g parmesan cheese 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20g breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Boil some water in a large heavy-based saucepan with a pinch of salt, add the sprouts and boil for two minutes.
- Drain the sprouts and run under a cold tap and leave to cool.
- Fry the bacon until golden brown on medium heat in a large deep saucepan. Meanwhile, finely dice the onion and garlic and add to the pan, cook until the onions are soft but without colour.
- Add the sprouts and the cream and then grate 3⁄4 of the parmesan into the pan, stirring continuously.
- Reduce the sauce until it thickens, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sprouts into an ovenproof dish, cover with crushed walnuts, breadcrumbs, and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
6g carbs | 42g fat | 22g protein