- 8 mini chocolate chip brioche rolls
- 200ml double cream
- 200ml milk
- 4 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 orange
- 20g butter
- Slice the brioche rolls lengthways and butter each one on one side.
- Place the brioche rolls in a casserole dish or metal tray in two layers with the buttered side facing upwards.
- In a bowl, mix the milk, cream, eggs, sugar, orange juice and zest and whisk well until combined.
- Pour over the brioche rolls, ensuring they are covered evenly. Leave for 30 minutes in the fridge until the brioche have absorbed most of the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F/Gas mark 3.
- Cover the casserole dish with tin foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 5 minutes, until golden brown.
52g carbs | 32g fat | 11g protein