Dementia Friendly sessions
Award-winning Dementia Friendly Sessions
People living with Dementia and their carers know the things they are finding difficult, and our sessions, such as ‘Together Tuesday’, provides a much-needed respite from some of their daily challenges by focusing on positives memories and offering people opportunities to take part in activities which they are actually able to do and enjoy.
Our Together programme at Hadleigh Pool & Leisure
We welcome those living with dementia and their friends, family and carers to our Together sessions.
- Spend time together or apart in a supportive environment
- Socialise with others over a cuppa and a biscuit
- Quizzes, word searches and crosswords
- Chair based exercise optional
- Arts, crafts, poetry, music, games and much more
To offer variety, there is a themed programme for each week and you can see the programme timetable further down this page.
Winners of the 2019 UK Active, Healthy Communities Award
Read more >>
Together Tuesdays is back at hadleigh!
Hadleigh Pool and Leisure
Obviously, you will notice some changes, however, there will still be the same welcoming faces helping you enjoy our time together.
There will be the weekly quiz, word searches and crosswords to do and of course, tea/coffee, biscuits and conversation.
There will also be an optional weekly Chair Based Exercise session within the above session.
Please note pre-booking is now essential via the button below.
£3.10 with an Inspire Card
£4.10 without an Inspire Card
Read more about the Inspire Card
Together programme at Hadleigh and Haverhill
18 or 19 May – Dementia Action Week – local partners and services
25 or 26 May – Bingo
1 or 2 June – Sporting Memories Thinking and Doing
8 or 9 June – Guess the song
15 or 16 June – Flowers for your table
22 or 23 June – Guess which one is me
29 or 30 June – Activate the senses
6 or 7 July – Sport Memories Thinking and Doing
13 or 14 July – It’s all about food
20 or 21 July – Strawberry Tea
Covid safe Changes we've made - What to expect
- You must pre-book online via the button above or call 01284 757473, as numbers are limited.
- Swipe in at reception (we’ll provide a membership card)
- Hand sanitise on arrival.
The layout of the room will be slightly different, and the activities offered are with people’s safety in mind.
- Please wear a face mask on arrival (unless exempt) and when moving around the centre but not when seated.
- Once in the room, you will be asked to socially distance unless you are a couple or the other person is part of your ‘bubble’.
You might also like
ACTIVE LIVING EXERCISE REFERRAL SCHEME
We also run an award-winning Exercise Referral scheme at most of our centres, for people living with a health condition.