CORONAVIRUS LATEST UPDATES
our centres have now REopened
For specific centre opening times – choose the centre page from the top menu ‘centres’.
12 April – Gyms, outdoor activity, casual swimming, swimming lessons for children, indoor U18 sports, Forest Schools
17 May – Indoor group exercise classes, indoor adult sport, soft play, X Height climb & Cafes
14 June – Swimming & Swim Academy at the NEW Mildenhall Hub
- Information regarding membership reactivation and payments will be communicated nearer to reopening.
- Membership payments will not resume before we open on 12 April 2021 and you will be notified.
- Any credits owed from the December closure will be applied to your first Direct Debit payment which will be communicated in your reopening email.
- We will restart our swimming lesson programme as we closed and information will be emailed to you nearer the time of reopening.
SEE BELOW FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT’S NEW WHEN YOU RETURN TO OUR COVID SAFE FACILITIES.
AT A GLANCE:
- Showers and changing rooms are open, however, we encourage you to come activity ready and shower at home
- Showers are only available for adults and not for Swim Academy students
- Hairdryers are available
- Safe Swim Swim shop is open
- Cafes opening soon inline with the Government’s roadmap
MEMBER UpdatE 19 February 2021 - READ MORE
EXISTING MEMBERS – IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
In line with the National Lockdown on the 27 December we were instructed to temporarily close all our centres until further notice.
Members have been contacted regarding their memberships and payments.
Memberships payable on the 25th were collected on the 25.12.2020, we’re sorry the announcement came too late for us to stop this. We will credit you when we reopen.
All Swim Academy, Swim only and Junior memberships were frozen from December, whilst we remain closed.
Adult memberships were frozen in December and transferred to our Abbeycroft@Home online classes membership (£9.99) with an option to opt out by the 10 January. DD’s were collected on 15 or 25 January, reverting back to your usual DD date from February onwards.
If you did not opt out your membership payment for Abbeycroft@Home will have been collected each month at £9.99 minus any credit we owed you from closing on the 25th December 2020. This will continue to be collected until we are advised we can reopen.
If you did opt out of our Abbeycroft@Home membership, your membership will remain on freeze until further notice.
All annual memberships will be extended for the period we were closed from the date we can reopen minus any credit used for Abbeycroft@Home use.
When we are informed of a reopening date, we will communicate details about restarting your membership and payments including any credits we may owe you.
If you have a block booking, your booking is suspended and will recommence when restrictions are lifted. You will be advised of when this can happen by email.
Without our valued members, we would not be able to operate and we would like to thank you for your continued support.
For now, you can stay active at home with Abbeycroft@Home online classes.
MEMBER UPDATE 28 DECEMBER 2020 - READ MORE
EXISTING MEMBERS – IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
All Swim Academy & Swim only memberships have been paused for January (& whilst we remain closed during Lockdown 3).
Memberships already collected on 25 December, were collected as planned on the 29th. We’re sorry but due to the short notice of the Tier change, we couldn’t stop this collection. We will credit your account on your next full paying monthly payment.
Any credits owed for days we are closed (from 27th) will be applied to your first full paying month when we reopen (eg if you pay on 1st, this will be 5 days credit)
As this is a massive blow for us (and many other operators) during what is normally our busiest months, we would ask you to consider continuing with your membership at a reduced rate of £9.99 per month so you can access ‘Abbeycroft@Home’ Online Classes as well as supporting your local community leisure centre.
We will automatically transfer your membership to our ‘Abbeycroft@Home digital membership’ for £9.99 per month.
SEE THE RANGE OF CLASSES ON OFFER WITH ABBEYCROFT@HOME
Direct Debit payments
We will move all membership direct debits due on 1st & 8th January 2021 to be collected on the 15th January 2021 to give you an opportunity to sample our ‘Abbeycroft@Home’ live-streamed classes – see the schedule here.
If you normally pay on the 15th, your direct debit amount will reduce to £9.99 with no change to your date.
If you normally pay on the 25th, your direct debit in December will have already been taken, so we will credit your January payment (we’re sorry but the announcement came too late for us to amend this).
Advanced payers will have their expiry date adjusted accordingly to the days we are closed for minus the allowance for Abbeycroft@Home membership.
What to do next
If you are happy to access the Abbeycroft@home membership for £9.99 per month and at the same time help support us to be able to provide services for the whole community – You do not need to do anything.
If you’d like to OPT-OUT and freeze your membership without charge, please do not cancel your membership, simply email us email@example.com before the 10th January 2021, to advise us you’d like to opt-out.
Without our valued members, we would not be able to operate, and we would like to thank you for your continued support.
Tier 4 exemptions
Some of our centres will remain open to allow for health services to continue.
Clients will be contacted via the health provider of the arrangements during T4.
Under 18 organised outdoor sport can continue with social distancing and safety measures in place meaning some of our outdoor areas will stay open.
If you are a hirer and this applies to you please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest to continue during this period. The bookings team will then confirm if your request has been accepted. Please do not turn up as normal without confirmation.
Abbeycroft @ Home Digital Membership
Abbeycroft@Home will ensure whilst you are at home you remain active, get fitter and stronger – both in mind & body.
We will be offering 25 + classes per week (workout every day!) via our BRAND new app and if you miss a class you can catch up by viewing our on-demand class library, all available through the new APP.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN YOU RETURN
Watch this short video to see our latest Covid-19 safe measures
ABOUT YOUR VISIT
Help us, help you, stay safe!
We are required by law to ensure that all users are registered for use at our centres. This will allow for tracking and tracing to be completed if our centres are exposed to an enhanced risk of Covid-19.
YOU MUST PRE-BOOK YOUR VISIT – PLEASE DO NOT JUST TURN UP!
IF YOU HAVE USED OUR ONLINE BOOKING BEFORE THEN YOU’RE ALL SET AND READY TO GO BUT IF YOU’VE NEVER BOOKED ANYTHING ONLINE WITH US – YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER AND/OR LINK YOUR MEMBERSHIP – USE THE BUTTON BELOW TO DO THIS.
- Members and pay-as-you-go users will be required to book in advance of arrival at centres. We have created an easy to use online booking system for all our facilities and services.
- All pay-as-you-go activity users will need to register to use the centre and create an online booking account to pre-book Register here now.
- Gym sessions will be limited to the pre-booked session time shown at booking.
- Bring a full water bottle & your own yoga mat if you wish but please do not bring a sweat towel; we have a disposable towel for you to use.
- You must wear a mask/face covering whilst walking around the centre – but you do not need to wear one when you are exercising.
- We are now a cashless centre; to maintain a contactless service, we will ask customers to self-scan their membership cards or card held in-app on the scanners.
- Admission will only be authorised if a pre-booking has been made. You will need to follow the social distancing rules at all times throughout your visit.
We’ve worked hard to try and keep the swimming lesson programme the same, however, in order to keep everyone safe, we have had to make some changes in line with the guidance from Swim England and our own operating procedures.
- Only one adult should accompany a child under 8 years to the swimming lesson. We ask that you don’t spectate if your child is aged over 8, to limit the number of customers in the centre.
- Spectators will need to wear a face mask in the centre.
- Swimmers should come to the pool ‘beach ready’ with swimwear worn under clothing.
- Teachers will not be able to help with hats and goggles so please ensure your child has these items on ready to start the lesson.
- Follow the centre’s one-way system. There will be directional arrows on the floor to guide you around the centre.
- Arrive through the spectator area onto poolside no earlier than 5 minutes prior to your class starting.
- There will be no access to the changing rooms prior to the lesson.
- Showers will not be available, so swimmers will need to shower at home, please.
- All swimming teachers will deliver their lessons from the poolside. Additional buoyancy aids will be used to ensure your child’s safety.
- ALL lessons are now 25 minutes, this includes stages 6-10 (previously 45mins). Please make appropriate arrangements for collecting your children at the correct time.
- Lessons include a strict 5-minute change over period.
- Some specialist classes will not be resuming yet, these include Premium 4:1; Water Polo; Synchronised Swimming or Rookie Lifeguard – our apologies about this.
The safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority so we’ve introduced the following measures to help keep everyone safe.
- We’ve introduced new controls to ensure that customers and staff are safe, but we cannot do this without your support.
- We will re-open our gyms with new social distancing controls and cleaning regimes in place.
- Group Fitness classes will have new social distancing controls such as reduced capacity and new cleaning regimes and where possible we will move our classes into outdoor areas to give you plenty of space and fresh air.
- Swimming sessions will have restricted numbers to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- All sessions (gym, classes & swimming) will be pre-bookable sessions available online only, unfortunately, you cannot just turn up! More on this later.
- Our Centres are now cashless and contactless.
- Changing rooms will be available where possible, however, due to social distancing measures, some smaller sites may not be able to provide this service. Please check with the centre if you need to know prior to your arrival. Access to toilets and lockers will be available.
- Cafes and soft play centres will open inline with the Government’s road map and centre variations will apply.
- All other services remain closed until further notice.
- We have upgraded our cleaning standards in line with the Covid-19 Safety Standards, sourced chemicals that kill Covid-19, and purchased additional materials and equipment and processes in line with the Covid-19 Safety Standards.
- We are requesting that you only bring essential items with you.
- We have updated our Risk Assessment (which you can view here) and Terms of service (which you can view here).
- Please wear a face covering as you move around the centre.
- Thank you for respecting our new COVID-19 Safe Measures. Your support not only keeps us all safe but improves the cleanliness of our centres – THANK YOU.
ENHANCED CLEANING STANDARDS (COVID-19) STANDARD
The safety of our community has always been our top priority, and we’re even more focused on it now. We’ve made changes to how we operate and all are designed to keep our customers and staff safe.
Here are all the changes you can expect:
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance to all centre and throughout the centre for your use.
- More frequent cleaning – Staff will use a disinfectant proven to kill viruses like COVID-19 in all high touch surfaces.
- Please clean your own equipment before and after use in the gym and studio areas.
- The gym will be closed for cleaning, for a short period between each bookable session.
- The studio floors will be cleaned regularly throughout the day. Disinfecting high-touch surfaces.
- Say hello to the team as you see them disinfecting doorknobs, handles, rails, light switches, sanitizing stations, lockers, sinks, toilets, benches, locker keys, counters, keyboards, computers, phones, and instructor equipment throughout the day.
- Specialist Equipment – After every group cycling class, every bike in the studio will be thoroughly cleaned.
- After every group exercise class, all of the equipment used will be cleaned.
- Stay alert – If you see something that you are not entirely satisfied with or have a concern around cleaning standards, please let us know. We are all trying to get used to the new normal.
We’ve worked hard on how you can have the same great experience in our centres while maintaining social distancing, however, this will only work if we work together. Please remember this should be observed for both customers and staff.
Entrance to the Building, Reception and Waiting Areas
- Floor markers will indicate a safe distance for waiting. This will start as you arrive at our centres, moving into our reception and onto the studio waiting area, when queueing may be required for your session.
- Please avoid waiting for a class in these high-traffic areas for any more than 5 minutes before you need to be in the centre.
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations positioned throughout the centres during your visit
- Our receptions abd cafes will have perspex screens, our staff may be wearing non-medical PPE masks provided for yours and their peace of mind.
- We will only accept contactless payments for food, drink and shop stock as all other bookings MUST be made online.
- There will be restricted access to certain pieces of equipment at certain times of day to ensure that social distancing can be achieved. Please be mindful and respectful of other users.
- Total user occupancy has been calculated at 3-metres square to allow users to have a comfortable work out.
- Equipment will have one of two signs displayed. Please ensure that you only use equipment displaying a ‘GREEN CLEANED’ card and 2 metres from the nearest user.
- Pop-up banners will direct you to waiting areas before your class starts. Please do not arrive any more than 5 minutes before your class is due to start. Please remember to swipe in on arrival.
- Studios and sports halls will have floor markers that will indicate where you should stand for your session. Class sizes will be reduced to allow a minimum of 3-metres squared per user.
- You will be asked to use the hand sanitiser stations before entering and leaving the studio.
- Help us, help you by cleaning your equipment before and after use. The floors will also be cleaned between sessions.
- If you have your own mat or equipment you are encouraged to bring this with you for your own personal use.
For Spin Studios, you will be allocated a bike which will be positioned the recommended safe distance apart.
Corridors and Walkways
Follow the floor markers placed around the walkways to maintain a safe distance, where possible centres will be operating a one-way system to allow you to leave without crossing the path of other users. This will not be possible in all centres. Please follow the signage displayed.
- Toilets will display signage in relation to occupancy, please take additional personal care by washing your hands before and after your visit for a minimum of 20 seconds, as recommended by the government.
- CHANGING ROOMS AND SHOWERS ARE OPEN, HOWEVER, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO COME ACTIVITY READY AND SHOWER AT HOME.
- Changing room occupancy has been reduced to allow for safe social distancing to be oberserved. If the chnaging rooms are busy, please wait for someone to leave.
- Cleaning will be completed every 30 minutes in these areas
We have put a lot of changes in place, with details beyond what you see here.
The way our new safety protocols will be most effective is if we all make sure to do our part in it.
- If you have a cough, fever, or symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the centre and follow government advice
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the centre and follow government advice.
- If you feel unwell or have any concerns about coming to the centre, please stay home and stay safe
- We love our members and users and ask that you help us to help you during this time.
- Be respectful of the 2-metre social distancing rule for both other customers and staff.
- Only bring essential items with you to the centre & avoid large sports bags.
- Please remember to bring a £1 coin for your locker, regular cleaning will take place of all lockers.
- Please wear a face covering as you move around the centre.
- Please don’t take or leave personal belongings in activity areas such as the studio or gym. You will be asked to remove them.
- Bring a full water bottle to stay well hydrated. Regular cleaning will take place of water fountains.
- Do not use equipment that is marked for cleaning you are putting both yourself and others at risk.
- Be kind to each other and our staff, we are all doing our best to ensure that we all staff safe while enjoying the amazing benefits of being physically active.